Types of Service - City Service - CARTS offers this service in the cities of Jamestown,
Falconer, Celeron, Lakewood, and Dunkirk.
- Rural-Route Service - A number of routes connect Jamestown, Dunkirk,
and smaller towns and villages throughout the county with morning and
- Dial-A-Ride - Curb-to-curb and door-to-door service is available for those
who cannot use the rural or fixed route systems due to disability. Also
called Demand Response, this service is on a first-come, first-served
basis and must be scheduled in advance. Area and times of service are
limited, so please call well in advance of your transportation date and
CARTS provides Dial-A-Ride public transportation to people, who due to age or disabilities, are unable to access the city fixed route service in the City of Dunkirk, Jamestown, Celeron, Lakewood, and Falconer. A person must live within three quarters of mile of the city fixed routes, unable as a result of mental or physical impairment to use the city fixed route service, or requires door-to-door assistance. Please call the CARTS Office for further information or to request an application
- CARTS offers discounts on all fixed (city) and rural routes to seniors
of at least 60 years of age and to those with qualifying disabilities.
- To get the disability discount call CARTS and request an application. - Seniors receive the discount just by showing ID.
- Seniors can also qualify for discounts on Dial-A-Ride service.
- Private Pay fares can purchase one-way, round trip (unable to buy round trip on city buses), 10-trip, or monthly tickets.
- All tickets may be purchased from your bus driver at the time of
service or in advance of your trip from the CARTS Office.
- Our drivers do not make change so have the exact amount for
- CARTS happily accepts personal checks written for the exact
- Children under 5 years of age travel free when accompanied by
- Escorts may ride at no charge if necessary to help a rider.
Call CARTS Office to get authorization.
Fees for service are based on the current Base Fare rate.
Zones refers to townships within Chautauqua County.
One must count the township that you start your trip in, and continue counting the townships until you reach your destination.
When counting zones, count the most direct route, disregarding the lake. An example, from the Town of Busti to the Town of Ellery would be 2 zones. Another example, from the Town of Ellicott to the Town of Westfield would be 4 zones.