MAYVILLE, N.Y.: The Chautauqua County Office for the Aging has announced this year’s distribution of Senior Farmer’s Market coupon books. Coupons will be distributed at:
- Saturday, June 16 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. or until coupon books are gone at the Farmer’s Market on Church Street in Fredonia;
- Saturday, June 23 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. or until coupon books are gone at the Farmer’s Market at Moore Park in Westfield; and
- Saturday, June 30 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. or until coupon books are gone at the Covenant Manor Building at 23 W. Third St., ground floor, in Jamestown.
In order to qualify for the program, seniors age 60+ must meet the following criteria:
- Monthly income of at or below $1,872., for a single person household;
- Monthly income of at or below $2,538., for a two person household; or
- Monthly income of at or below $ 3,204., for a three person household.
Seniors who wish to apply need to come in person and be prepared to show proof of age.
Coupon books are worth $20 with five coupons worth $4 each in each booklet. Coupons are only accepted at designated Farmer’s Markets, a list of participating markets with locations and times for these markets will be dispersed with the coupons. Seniors must come in person to pick up coupons unless a Power of Attorney form is presented.
For more information, please call the Office for the Aging in Mayville at 753-4471, in Jamestown at 661-8940, or in Dunkirk at 363-3865.